One Royal Media Services (RMS) staffer has been confirmed dead and several others hospitalised after a case of food poisoning that affected a significant number of staff working over the Christmas shift.
In a statement on Tuesdy, December 27, 2022, RMS managing director Wachira Waruru said that the affected staffers were working over the Christmas holiday.
“In keeping with holiday period working arrangements, the RMS engaged a private food catering company to provide meals for staff working during the Christmas shift. On Boxing Day December 26 2022, some of the staff complained of severe stomach pains after consuming meals served within the premises of the company,” waruru said.
“We are deeply shocked and saddened to inform the public that one staff member has unfortunately succumbed to the illness attributed to the suspected food poisoning. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of our deceased staff member during this difficult time. Several staffers have also been hospitalized for the suspected poisoning,” he added.
No details of the affected staffers were affected.
Email your news TIPS to firstname.lastname@example.org