The Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) membership has today reelected NCBA Bank Managing Director and CEO John Gachora and Family Bank Chief Executive Officer Rebecca Mbithi as the advocacy group’s Chairman and Vice-Chair, respectively, for the
period 2022 to 2023.
During KBA’s Annual General Meeting held today bankers also elected Credit Bank Chief Executive Officer Betty Korir as Governing Council member, onboarding all the Association’s member banks female CEOs to KBA’s Governing Council.
Other female executives in the Association’s Governing Council are Diamond Trust Bank Managing Director and CEO Ms. Nasim Devji and Ms. Mbithi. In the AGM, Kenya Women Microfinance Bank (KWFT) was also incorporated as a member of the Governing Council, representing microfinance members of the Association.
Speaking during the KBA 60tth AGM, Mr. Gachora commended member banks for continuing to stand with the community during the pandemic, and particularly contributing to the availability of COVID-19 vaccines for their employees, and their families.
‘’I would like to thank members for entrusting us with another year. We commit to continue working with you to support the industry,’’ he said.
KBA Chief Executive Officer Dr. Habil Olaka welcomed Ecobank, Kenya Women Microfinance Bank and Credit Bank, noting that the Association would continue working with all member banks in contributing to the industry’s long-term vision of reinforcing the industry’s role in advancing Kenya’s sustainable economic development.
KBA Governing Council for the 2021/2022 period:
The KBA Governing Council is nominated to represent three categories – large, medium-sized, and small banks, as defined by the KBA articles of association. The incoming Council members are as follows:
1. NCBA Bank, Group Managing Director, John Gachora (Chair)
2. Family Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Rebecca Mbithi (Vice-Chair)
3. KCB Bank, Group CEO, Paul Russo
4. Co-Operative Bank of Kenya, Group Managing Director & CEO, Dr. Gideon Muriuki
5. Equity Bank Kenya, Managing Director, Gerald Warui
6. Diamond Trust Bank, Group CEO & Managing Director, Nasim Devji
7. Standard Chartered Bank, Managing Director & CEO, Kariuki Ngari
8. Absa Bank, Managing Director, Jeremy Awori
9. I&M Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Kihara Maina
10. Citibank, East Africa Chief Executive Officer, Martin Mugambi
11. SBM Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Moezz Mir
12. DIB Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Peter Makau
13. Middle East Bank, Managing Director, Isaac Mwige
14. Ecobank Kenya, Managing Director, Cheikh Travally
15. Kenya Women Microfinance Bank (KWFT), Chief Executive Officer, Mwangi Githaiga
16. Credit Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Betty Korir
Email your news TIPS to email@example.com